The number of Outlook users is increasing every day due to the amazing features it offers. However, people often find themselves locked out of their Outlook account. If you are looking for a method to recover Outlook account, this is the right blog. Here we will talk about how to recover Outlook Account.
Reasons for Blocking Outlook Account
The most common reasons for a locked Outlook account are suspicious activities or entering wrong passwords many times. Apart from these two, if the account holder is involved in violating Microsoft Services Agreement.
How to Recover Outlook Account: The Step-by-step Method
Needless to say that the blocked Outlook account can be quite frustrating. But it may be something Microsoft did to protect your account from potential abuse or fraud. However, you can always follow these steps to get back to your account.
- Visit the following link https://account.live.com/ Reset Password.aspx to recover Outlook Account by setting up a new password. Remember that there are many spam URLs so avoid them and access this one we mentioned.
- Now, you have to enter your Outlook email address that has been blocked. There will be characters displayed underneath it. You have to enter them in the field by typing. If you find it hard to understand the characters, you can click on the New button to get a new one. Else, you can click on the Audio button to listen to a captcha that you can enter by typing.
- The authenticator app will generate a code that you have to enter. You can also get the code in the form of a text message by selecting “Use a different verification option.” Even if you do not have a smartphone, you can still receive a security code. Usually, the code comes from the sender MSFT. The code can come from any mobile number or short number.
- If you do not have access to the recovery phone number or email address, you have to select “I didn’t get a code” once prompted for a sign-in code. Then, follow the next instructions Microsoft provides.
- After entering the security code, Outlook will allow you to enter a new password. Create a strong new password that you have never used before for this account. Once the new password is set, you will be able to recover Outlook account. Now, you should not have any trouble accessing your Outlook email account.
Never use easy-to-guess passwords that can put the account at risk. Also, do not use a password for an Outlook account that you have used for any other account or website login.
Outlook account contains various valuable information. If you are unable to access your Outlook account, it can cause a lot of trouble for you. If you want to know how to recover Outlook account, follow the steps given in this blog. Thus, you can easily recover Outlook account and continue using all the Outlook services like before. In case of any query, you can connect to Outlook account customer service.