If you own an iPhone, Ipad, or some other IOS based device, you will never need to worry about the topic of authorize computer for iTunes. The authorization process only pertains to computers running macOS and Windows 10. You can have an unlimited number of IOS devices accessing iTunes and your Apple ID account. But you’re locked to only five computers. Also, if after following the steps listed below, you can contact the iTunes customer service to get more details on your problem.
When you authorize computer for iTunes, You give it permission to access your music, movies, and other content.
- You can authorize 5 computers, which means that you can play your content on 5 different computers.
- You can’t authorize computer for iTunes from another computer or from your iPhone, Ipad, or iPod touch.
If you’re trying to authorize a device and it’s rejected, you may have too many devices on your Apple ID’s authorized list. As previously stated, the computer limit is five. So you’ll need to check your list for devices that are authorized but no longer using iTunes, like an old laptop or a fried desktop.
If nothing works for you, you can contact the iTunes Customer Service to help you authorize computer on iTunes.
This is for starters, Apple provides iTunes two ways for windows-based devices. The desktop software version in 64 bit and 32-bit formats and app through Microsoft store.
- Firstly open iTunes.
- Sign in with your Apple ID
(If you haven’t already).
- Navigate to the account on the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window. If it’s not available on the desktop edition, then type Control + B on your keyboard.
- Then select Authorizations.
- Then select Authorize This Computer.
- Next, enter your password that hits the Enter/Return key or click tap Authorize button.
How to Authorize Mac or Pc:
Before you authorize Mac, update the latest version of macOS. Then on a PC update to the latest version of iTunes for Windows.
- On a Mac, open the Music app, Apple TV app, or Apple Books app.
On Pc, iTunes for windows.
- Sign in with your Apple Id.
- On the account information page, scroll to the Apple ID summary section. You’ll see the number of computers that you have authorized with your Apple ID. But you cannot see the names of those computers, If you haven’t authorized 2 or more computers, you won’t see the section.
- In the menu bar on your Mac or Pc, choose Account > Authorizations > Authorize the computer.
If you’re asked to authorize your computer again, It won’t use a new authorization.
Apple ID uses the same authorization for the same computer.
If you are still not able to do it, try contacting the iTunes Customer Service to help you in doing it.