Change Cisco Router Password
Cisco router is no more one of the new devices that come to this internet-world, with the high-performance router. You can binge-watch your favorite shows uninterruptedly or video call your loved ones without disconnecting and reconnecting every couple of minutes as what other routers do. Despite being incorporated with many user-friendly aspects, some users don’t know– How to change Cisco router password? If you are not sure about changing the password, you have come to the right place. Here, we have provided the step-by-step guidelines by which you can easily change Cisco Router Password. So let’s get moving with the steps.
Technique 1 to Change Cisco Router Password
- First of all, Press and hold the reset button down for 30 seconds.
- Now, unplug the Cisco router from its power cable while holding down the reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Switch on the power of the Cisco router again for at least 30 seconds.
- By doing this, a factory reset of the router is done, and effectively you can use the above guide to access the Cisco router and set it up securely.
Technique 2 to Change Cisco Router Password
- Connect the power to the Cisco router.
- After that, attach the console cable to the console port of the router.
- You can use any one of the Tera term, Putty, or HyperTerminal to connect the router.
- Now, Use HyperTerminal to connect to the router using 1200 Baud rate, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control.
- Then press and hold the space bar for at least 15 seconds.
- Disconnect and reconnect the router.
- After the router restarted, you can sign-into the manager mode with the new password.
- After that, the running configuration of the router appears before you.
Technique 3 to Change Cisco Router Password
- At the first step, connect your device to one of the four yellow Ethernet computer ports on the back of the Cisco router.
- To Sign-Into the Cisco router, you have to enter the browser’s IP address and click on it.
- This will bring you to the Cisco router login page.
- By default, the username and password of modem is admin.
- Hit on the login button to Sign into your modem.
- Now, the setup page appears before you.
- Hit on the Quit setup button available at the bottom of the page.
- If you want to change the password, click on the change password area to change the login password to the modem.
- The password must be of at least minimum 8 or more characters.
- Hit on the Save settings at the bottom of the page and change the password.
- Now, you can click on your web browser to exit the login page.
- Finally, reconnect to the wireless devices with the new password and remember to type the new password to all your wireless devices.
How you can Contact Our Expert Team for Quick Help?
If you are not satisfied with the above-given steps and still looking for how to change Cisco router password, or want help on the guidelines provided in this blog post, you can reach us directly with our Cisco router experts whenever you want.